TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I'm installing 6 piston CTS-V calipers this weekend
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I'm installing 6 piston CTS-V calipers this weekend

Posted by timz32tt on September 19, 2014 at 4:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 3723 times.

In Reply To I'm installing 6 piston CTS-V calipers this weekend posted by wild_maxx on September 19, 2014 at 03:40 PM

Message I was intrerested in the CTS-V brake swap kit and ended up purchasing everything needed for the front swap. There is a guy out there making brackets and depending on how many people are in on the group buy, they cost anywhere between $120 and $160, I think. Here is the link to his site [ http://www.ctsvbrakeswap.com/nissan. ] You can also down load the directions for install which includes a list of all parts needed to complete. He also has a page on Facebook if you search for CTSV Brake Swap. His site and his brackets are only for the 4 POT CTS-V Front Calipers which are from 2004-2007 CTS-V's and utilize the 12.75 350z track rotor. This company sells the whole kit if you don't feel like doing the work. [ http://www.speedparts.biz/partnum.php?part=22102117 ] . I Paid roughly $700.00 for everything to my door.

He does not make a bracket for the rears. However, there is a guy making brackets for the rears but that would entail using the 370z 14" rotor while the CTSV brake Swap kit utilizes the 12.75 350z track rotor. Which would mean larger rotors on the rear than in the front. The rear CTSV caliper is the same as the SRT8 caliper as someone had eluded to earlier.

There is talk from the bracket maker on making brackets for the 6 POT CTSV fronts but that is in the works. He talks about it on his FB page. He also talks about a bracket that utilizes the rear EVO 8/9 Brembo caliper which is also in the works.

I have been told that the brake master cylinder in the 300ZX is not made for a 6 POT front and a 4 POT rear and that it would not be able to handle the much larger brakes. I cannot confirm or deny this. I plan on installing the CTSV front set up on my car shortly and will report back with what I think. I am still researching what I will do in the rear. May go with the EVO 8/9 brembo caliper in the rear with a larger rotor if that bracket gets made anytime soon. The research continues.

Please let me know any questions you have and I will try to answer.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.